How to Spot Battery Wear
This month’s BILL UTTER FORD SERVICE TIP is how to Spot Battery Wear:
Few vehicle emergencies are more common – and more avoidable – than a dead battery.
That’s why it’s important to know the signs of a worn battery before you find yourself in need of a jump start.
Signs your battery may be worn or damaged:
Have BILL UTTER FORD test your battery as soon as possible if you notice any of these symptoms:
- Visible corrosion around the terminals or posts
- Frays or cuts in the battery cables
- Damage on the terminals or posts
- Worn drive belts
- Bulging or deformity in the battery casing
- Loose battery cables or terminals
- Movement or wiggling of the battery in its mounting
- Constant charging or electrical system problems
- Difficulty getting your engine to start
Battery service from the experts:
The Ford Motor Company-trained technicians at BILL UTTER FORD can test your battery using the most up-to-date electrical system diagnostic equipment. If you need a new one, they have the right high-quality Motorcraft® batteries for your vehicle and driving needs in stock. Plus, they would be happy to install it for you and can take care of everything else your vehicle needs.