This month’s “Utterly Delicious” Recipe is Fresh Tomato Shrimp Pasta. “Fresh tomatoes and spinach, fresh mozzarella combined with shrimp and fettuccine for an easy summer dish.”
Recipe courtesy of: allrecipes.com
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 pound cooked shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
2. In the container of a food processor, combine the garlic, onion and oregano. Pulse until finely chopped. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant and almost golden. Mix in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes while the pasta is cooking, stirring occasionally.
3. Mix in spinach until it wilts, then just before the pasta is done, stir in the shrimp. Cook until heated through. Toss with pasta in a large serving bowl, and mix in mozzarella cheese.